I want to encourage those of you who followed this blog to please read the other blogs of the trip. They are much more informative, factual, and educational than this one. Since both Jeremy and Barry were writing down the factual information for readers, this left me free to just have fun with my blog. And we had a LOT of fun. I was not ever out of material! Go to www.jeremydehut.com and www.exploringbiblelands.com for more serious information about the sites we visited, and much better photos.
We are home from our wonderful trip, but I just had to add one more post. This one is for our tour-mates. Anyone can read it, but I doubt many others will understand it.
Tomorrow is the Lord’s Day, which is, of course, special to all of us. However, since we are very recently home from our tour, there are a few things you might need to consider as you make your preparations for tomorrow.
You might have recently come home from an Exploring Bible Lands tour if….
…you are dressed and ready to go to the worship service at 6 AM, because you have been awake since 3 AM. (Also, you catch yourself nodding off during the sermon since you have been up since 3 AM.)
…you ask your children if they have their cameras and water bottles before you leave the house (instead of their Bibles and lesson books).
…you almost have a wreck on the way to the church building, and your only excuse is, “I thought I could make it. I saw Fawzie do it.”
…you dress creatively so the lanyard tan on the back of your neck does not distract those sitting behind you.
…you wonder who you are going to blame things on, now that Mike is back home.
…you are not sure whether to put shekels or US currency in the collection plate.
…you have to restrain yourself when the Bible class teacher does not pronounce Hazor HAT-zor.
…you disturb the Bible class by flipping from the scriptures to the maps in the back of your Bible every time a Biblical location is mentioned.
…you bite your tongue every time a Bible location is mentioned to keep yourself from shouting, “I have been there!”
…you get misty-eyed when the congregation sings, “Footprints of Jesus”.
So many memories! Such wonderful people and experiences! We are thankful that everyone had a safe trip, and please stay in touch. Sending love and prayers for each of you and your families.
No comments:
Post a Comment