Tuesday, October 6, 2015

All I need is...

The serious countdown to departure has begun.  It is time to decide what is to be taken on the trip and what stays home.  I have my passport, toothbrush, iPad (with my Bible on it), snacks, camera, and map book.  Do I really need anything else?

Two extra pairs of slacks would be nice...and a couple or three extra shirts.  I need a really old, worn-out outfit to wear when I go floating in the Dead Sea so I can just toss it after I finish with it.  (No one wants to wash Dead Sea water out of clothing!). I guess I should take a comb so I won't frighten my tour mates with unkempt hair...and perhaps the meds my doctor thinks I need on a daily basis.


 Plug adapters would be nice, so I can re-charge my camera and iPad.  The list goes on.  Do I really need all of these?  I wonder if Abraham took this much stuff when he left Ur and made his trip to this land of Israel?

I guess whatever I can get to fit in my suitcase will go with me, but I am a great cheerleader for traveling light and I do hate to be burdened down with "stuff".  I suppose my overstuffed suitcase is minor when I consider that when the Israelites headed for this area of the world they carried livestock AND the bones of Joseph!  I guess I am not really burdened at all in comparison!

So, between now and early Monday morning I will make my final choices, zip up my suitcase, and head out on this wonderful adventure that is ahead of me.  How thankful I am to have this opportunity.

1 comment:

  1. Safe travels my friend. I know that you will be going lighter than probably anyone else on the tour.

    ReplyDelete