Monday, November 23, 2015

Hakuna Matada...don't worry!

Don't worry.  I left my camera in the bus overnight so I did not have pictures to complete my post until this morning, but this is actually Sunday's post...sent Monday morning.  My apologies.

Mercifully, my TV interview was not aired in our area, or at least at a time when we could see it.  However, I know it was shown elsewhere because my phone started ringing slightly after eight this morning.  Bonny tells me that my part was about 6 seconds.  Talk about people having their 15 minutes of fame! I had six seconds, so we can put this issue away now.

Doppler Duke told us that there would be no need for the umbrellas today, although the sky was mostly cloudy all day,  However, it did not rain.  Again Doppler Duke was right on the money.

We worshipped at the West Manhattan Church of Christ this morning.  They meet in a local hostel, and this morning they met in what appeared to be some type of ballroom, and there were plenty of people there.  


They have one service on Sunday's, and it was after one o'clock when the service was over.  After allowing time to change clothes for some of our group, traveling across town to Grand Central Station, and time to eat lunch, it was three o'clock before we started our afternoon activities.

We split up in many groups, but most of us walked from Grand Central to Macy's.  The theme of the  holiday display windows this year is "Charlie Brown".  




We spent some time inside the store,  remembering that on Thursday of this week we will be at home watching the annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.  (It is hard to believe the trip is rapidly coming to an end and we will be home on Wednesday...but let's not think about that quite yet.)

From Macy's we had a pretty good view of the Empire State Building.


When it was time to leave we walked to Times Square (Always a sensory overload.) close to the 
Minskoff Theater.  Some of us had chosen "Lion King" as our optional play.  Others chose a performance by "Blue Man Group".  I did not see Blue Man, but even unseen I can not imagine it could hold a candle to Lion King, which was absolutely unbelievable.  I would see the play again tonight, if I had the opportunity.  If you have never seen it, make sure it goes on your "bucket list".



We are back at the hotel tonight, but tomorrow is another busy day.  Until then...Hakuna Matada!  Don't worry!

No comments:

Post a Comment