Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The "Top of Europe"

If you did not believe the photos I put on the blog yesterday, you are REALLY not going to believe those I have for today. However, remember that the photos I put on the blog are not the “good” ones taken with Olen’s “good” camera. These are just the shots from Jane’s little any-idiot-can-do-it camera!
We woke up this morning to the sound of cowbells right outside our window. What a lovely sound! The view from our window is wonderful, too, and this morning there was not a cloud in the sky. We are so fortunate! So, we decided to take advantage of the beautiful day and take the lift to the top of the Shilthorn. We rode one of the 100-passenger gondolas to the top, and on the way up went over three beautiful red foxes in the pasture below us. It was beautiful on top, and the temperature was hovering around the freezing point, but we had dressed in layers, and there was no wind and abundant sunshine. Those of you who are James Bond fans may remember the revolving restaurant on top of the Shilthorn from one of his films. Also from the top we had an excellent view of the three dramatic mountains of the area, the Eiger, Monch and Jungfrau.
For some reason I can't get the rest of my photos of today to download, so I'll just do an additional post for today. It is coming...stay tuned....

2 comments:

  1. absolutely beautiful country! Even prettier than the Great Smokie Mtn. Natl Park! hope you continue to enjoy! love y'all too ann

    ReplyDelete