We are home again safely, something we can always be thankful for. I trust that everyone else made it home safely, or will in a few days (Ferrell, David, Lowell); and those who spent the night in New York and have plans to fly home from there today. For us it was about a 32-hour trip, from the time we left our hotel in Amman until we opened the door to our own house and headed straight to bed. It was worth the discomforts of the exhausting return trip to experience all of the wonderful sights of the last couple of weeks. We were happy to see that we had not missed the "dogwood season" in north Alabama, and we are enjoying the spring blooms even more after having spent some of our recent time in a barren desert region.
After a rewarding night's sleep we attended worship services this morning and listened to one of Frank's lessons, which included information and photos of some of the things we saw on the trip. I can't imagine how he had time to prepare the material, since he arrived home on the same flight we were on!
I have a few more photos I plan to publish on the blog, and add a few more comments before drawing this "Journey" to a close, so if you have been reading along with us, check back for at least one more post on this journey. I will try to get that done in the next couple of days. Right now, a nap sounds pretty good to me!
Sunday, April 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I've enjoyed following along on your trip. It sounded wonderful! I had trouble signing up to make comments; will see if it works this time. Glad you're home. How deep was the water where you were floating???
ReplyDeleteDottie
It was wonderful meeting you and your family. Thanks for a ROCKIN' good time! Please post about your trip to Greece as well. Glad the photos are working. My parents enjoyed reading your blog as well. Take care. Sweet dreams.
ReplyDeleteMrs. Britnell - I have read yours and Barbara Jo's blog every day since you have been gone. It was almost as if I was there too. Each evening I couldn't wait to get the kids in the bed so I could read (in silence) the events of your day. I did read it with my kids some, too and share the pictures with them. It was impressive to them as well. I shared the blog addresses with the congregation we worship with and many of them commented on reading it, too. So, while it was a faith-building experience for those of you who went, it was also a faith-building experience for those of us who got to see pictures and read about it daily from you. I thank you for taking the time to write about your trip and make it come alive for the rest of us. Your influence and encouragement are more far-reaching than you ever might have imagined. Thank you and I look forward to reading more from journeys with jane in a few weeks.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Janica