The trip to New Orleans was fairly uneventful, thanks to hand-held electroinc games, kindles, and a coloring book with markers. A movie called Big Hero Six contributed to the quiet in the truck, as did the numerous games of tic-tac-toe. Apparently the "cat" is better at this game than any of the grands.
While riding, the game of "I am going to Grandma's housse and I am going to take..." was adapted to our situation by changing the name of it to "I am going on a cruise and I am going to take..." They went through the entire alphabet, naming many things that would neither fit in our suitcases nor be allowed on the ship.
The kids debated the attributes of cherry sours and did an in-depth comparison of Dollar General's cherrry sours as opposed to Walmart brand. FYI: Dollar General won hands-down.
Once we were on the ship, we went to our staterooms, unpacked, and explored each deck as much as possible. Many "selfies" were taken and the entire ship was thoroughly digitally recorded.
The top-rated food at dinner was the dessert, which was "warm chocolate melting cake". What is not to like about that? Following dinner, we found a table where we could play card games that was within walking distance of the 24-hour ice cream. Yes, we finished the day with softserve ice cream, even after the "warm chocolate melting cake". This is spring break...and a vacation...and we are currently operating under "Grandma Rules"...



Grandma Rules ROCK!
ReplyDelete