Where has the time gone? As I read over the previous post we had six weeks until the trip. Now we are counting the hours! We are frantically working on last-minute details to get ready for our trip. Haircuts...cameras ready...computers charged and checked out...refrigerator cleaned out...the last of the clothes washed...packing. Whew!
Thanks to my tech-savy friend, Sharon, who walked me through the entire process, I have installed a new feature on the blog. If you will look in the upper left-hand corner, there is a new box: "Subscribe via e-mail". If you would like the blogs automatically sent to your e-mail account, just type in your e-mail address and follow the directions to subscribe. It is free to subscribe, of course. (Remember, you get what you pay for!) I installed this feature simply to help you if you want to get the information automatically sent to your computer. Of course, you can always check the blog in the usual way, if you would rather do that.
I taught my last pre-trip Bible class to my fourth-and-fifth graders this morning. I hope they will be following along with my trip and perhaps learning a thing or two. They love Bible geography! I spent last evening with my sweet "Salt Shakers", the sixth-through-eighth-grade girls who are learning to be the "salt of the earth". It is for these young people and our own grandchildren that I work to share what I learn on trips such as this. We need to make the events of the Bible come alive to our young people. They are our future...and more important...the future of the Lord's church.
It is time to stop blogging and get serious about the packing. The excitement level is rising at our house. We leave Wednesday evening, and the next post should be from Israel! Pray for us to have a safe and succesful trip.
Sunday, April 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wishing you safe travels :)
ReplyDelete