Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Off again...soon!

Even though two weeks from today is April 1, it is no April Fool that we will be getting off an airplane in Tel Aviv, boarding a bus, and eventually spending the night in a hotel on the shore of the Mediterranean Sea. Travel is one of the favorite things my husband and I like to share. We have taken several wonderful trips in our almost-forty-four-years of marriage, but a trip to Israel and the Bible lands is very special, and we are looking forward to it with much anticipation.

I am neither an author nor a scholar...just a grandmother and a Bible class teacher, so my blog will be neither scholarly nor a great literary work. However, I hope to write entries in my blog while we are on this trip so family at home (grandchildren in particular...along with the students in my fifth grade Bible Class, and the group of teenage girls I lovingly refer to as the "Salt Shakers") can keep up with where I am, and what I am seeing and learning. Please feel free to give this URL to anyone who might be interested. For those of you who might want to read a blog with more scholarly information, our tour leader has his own blog at http://ferrelljenkins.wordpress.com/.

I hope those who read my account will be inspired to make this same trip someday, so they can actually see the sights Jesus saw, walk the paths used by patriarchs and Biblical characters, and develop a deeper appreciation for the Scriptures. Until the time comes when each reader is able to make this trip, I plan to use this blog to send accounts of the things we do and the wonders we see. I hope to post daily photos and reports, but that will depend on the availability of internet access in the hotels where we stop for the night. So, to keep up with our journey, check with us each day. We will post an entree daily, if possible.

On my next post, look for comments about our fellow travelers! I'll use only first names, but some of you can probably figure out the "rest of the story"!

Less than two weeks, and counting...

6 comments:

  1. Jane,
    I think having a blog is great. I told Barbara Jo the other day that you are perfect candidate for blogging because you love to write and live quite an interesting life. Don't take that critically, look at all the wackos you are related too. You can't help but live an interesting life.
    Norm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane,

    Thanks for getting this thing going!

    Everyone knows that I'm on a lifelong "JourneyswithJane", and this record makes it really interesting, and well documented! And I love you.

    Olen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane,
    Welcome to the world of blogging. Some say it is addictive. You will not be able to leave the computer without telling everyone that you plan to go to the refrigerator and get a drink.

    I am sure that your blog will be ideal for your intended audience, and I can think of no one better qualified to do this.

    Best wishes,
    Ferrell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jane,
    We will check your BLOG daily. We wish we were going with y'all. It sounds like a wonderful, once-in-a-lifetime adventure. Bon Voyage!
    Charlotte and Neil

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jane,

    Fran just told me about your Blog. I am so excited for all of you and can't wait to read your daily encounters. I know this will be a great and fun trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jane,
    I'm so excited to have found your blog - I can't wait to read about your journeys and adventures! Why couldn't you have started this years ago? ;-) Thinking of you and your group today as you will be on the plane all day and on your way. Praying for your safe travel and looking forward to your return safely home.

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete